Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My life as it is today

Golf cart is back - hopefully all is fixed, we'll go out in a bit and take it for a drive. Need to pick up laundry and meet with the owner of one of Miguel's homes.

Soup is made and consumed. Dishes are done. Kitchen shelves are cleaned.

Animals have been fed. Chicken scraps were put out for the street animals.

Bed is made. Laundry is done. Living room is vacuumed.

Referral letter written for former boss. Access databases are updated. Quickbooks is updated. Online banking transactions are done.

Why do I still feel there is so much pending? I rarely make a dent in the clutter, the stuff that needs organizing. On the other hand, I realize my time on this earth to do all that organizing is dwindling, and in the end, who will care that I was organized? That my cds and dvds and photos and books are all neatly catalogued, like in a library. Who lives like that anyway? I think I need to forget all that, and just put stuff away and try to remember where I put it so I can find it if and when I need it. That is always the challenge, remembering where I've put things. So many places to tuck stuff away...so little time to hunt...some things will be lost forever because while I'm looking for them, I'll come across something else that will make me forget what I was doing and that will be that. So that is my future, I guess...staying unorganized and looking for stuff. Oh well...

6 comments:

Ann said...

As long as you know where to find thingsit doesn't matter how organized it is. I keep trying to keep stuff in my house neat, but it's a losing battle. I still have so much of my Aunt & Mom's stuff & I keep sorting --that's all you can do!

Life's a Beach! said...

Last May, I put a bunch of old photos and albums I'd brought home from my mom's house away. After three months searching the house because I couldn't remember where I'd put them, I found them last week when I was cleaning out my bedroom closet. Organizing around here is a losing battle. I'd rather take a walk!

KfromMichigan said...

Organize .. I have forgotten what that is .. my basement really needs to be organized .. one of these days!

IslaZina said...

Are categorized storage bins organization? I suppose not. Oh well.

karenwl said...

I don't know if it was my personality or my profession that made me a super organizer. As I've aged I've noticed that I no longer have the energy to organize everything - and I've also decided that it's just not that important.

drgeo said...

We have 4 cats and I tell them each day to sit in alphabetical order. They decline. I suppose that task goes to the top of tomorrow's chore list. One day I will reach core number dos.