Friday, October 17, 2008

UNCLE!!!

Sometimes it feels like I'm being pushed to see what my level of tolerance and patience is. Last night I reached it, at least temporarily. I went to bed disgusted, discouraged, and just plain fed up, and I think Miguel was almost as frustrated (so it wasn't just me). Things that seem logical to me don't necessarily happen here, and that drives me nuts, especially when I'm near the end of my rope.

So hear up Isla - I give, ok!? (but not forever, just for today. I'll be back)

4 comments:

Islagringo said...

I had a zen moment like that about the island a few months back. I haven't had the same attitude about living here since. I'm trying to return to my "paradise", but it ain't happening.

Scottozoid said...

OUCH well all I can say is this is the way I feel about the US of A most of the time...maybe a road trip someplace nice like Valladolid or Merida will perk up your spirits?

Sue said...

Wayne - I remember your posts, and can relate - have had some similar experiences. Isla isn't my paradise, hasn't been for a long time (not sure there is a paradise actually), but it's still a pretty great place for me to live. However, sometimes too many things hit at once and that's when I get to the point I was at yesterday.

Scott - funny you say that. We were supposed to go to Akumal for 4 days next month (a workshop for Miguel, a beach for me). Due to low registration, the workshop was cancelled and since we didn't have anyone able to come and stay with the animals anyway, we cancelled our plans. :-(

I'm downgrading my "Uncle" to "Auntie" today, pending the outcome of the latest round of ridiculousness.

IslaZina said...

Well, stuff just happens - or doesn't happen - like it's supposed to on this rock. Could this week's full moon have played a role? Shake it off! Try another trip to the mall!