Friday, January 29, 2010

1024

There are certain numbers that have stuck with me all my life. '1024' is the original address of the house I grew up in before we moved to Norway. Why I remember that I don't know, other than it was probably a time in my life (elementary school) where you really learned your name, address, and phone number (just in case you ever got lost, I guess).

As the city of Niagara Falls grew, they modified addresses and '1024' became '5024' (I think). That number never grabbed hold of me like '1024'.

And so, when I see '1024' anywhere, I'm immediately reminded of my childhood home. And I should have paid attention when the number jumped out at me on my iTouch recently. I remember thinking, "I should tell Miguel to play that number in the lottery". The number just had a feeling about it that day.

But I don't have luck with the lottery. Miguel is the one with the luck. And so I ignored the instinct I had on the number and I didn't say anything to Miguel. And two days later '1024' came up.

A four number hit with a 10 peso play yields $50000 mp (approx $5000). The jackpot that would have been. Sigh...

5 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Oh dear. Coulda shoulda definitely!

0624 here. It's been in several of our phone numbers in different states. The address I've always remembered is my aunt's when I was a child. 5115 Sunset Dr. Weird because I can't even remember my own address from childhood or my telephone number.

Anonymous said...

Always go with that gut feeling!!! It's usually your 6th sense in action!

Linda
Isla Chica

KfromMichigan said...

And Miguel said ....????

Jackie said...

Dang! Should gone with your gut feeling. For me the number I always remember is 8930 which was the street address of the home we lived in from the time I was three to seventeen.

Bennie said...

Geez just your luck to miss the number.

The address when I was a kid was 214 oh and there was 3131. Maybe I need to play those on the lottery sometime.