Monday, September 22, 2008

Life's Interferences

What?! No blog since Friday? It's not like I don't have material - I do. It's time I'm lacking right now.

Last week I supported two projects going live, along with all the usual stuff. It left no time (or maybe energy) to prepare for my return for Mexico, so Saturday was spent running errands and shopping, doing laundry, reading material for my course, and deciding what to bring down on this trip. And then onto the packing! I fell into bed at 10:30 and got up at 1:30 am to get ready for my pick-up for the airport.

Normally I would sleep on the plane, but since my school assignment was due last night and I had not done the reading to even start the assignment, I stayed awake and read. I did enjoy my flights - got upgraded to first-class on both segments (complimentary - thanks USAir!). We landed 30 minutes early, no line-up for immigration, and a short wait for luggage. Got the green light, bought a ticket for the shuttle, which filled up quickly, and we were off. I was on the island a full hour before I thought I would be. We went out to eat, it poured right after we got to the restaurant - Loco was not happy. Last night I spent doing my assignment - all I wanted to do was fall into bed.

Now the bad part. I was told to travel back to the US tomorrow to help support another project's live. So I'm here less than 48 hrs, and not happy about it. I need to be here for a multitude of reasons, and now I am losing 4 days to get things done. And this is the last week for my course, so the teacher has hit us with a large assigment - no idea when I will find time for that.

So, now you know why there are no new blogs. At least I'm not using the excuse that the dog ate my blog. I'm exhausted and cranky. But this too will pass!

No comments: