Monday, December 29, 2008

A Peaceful Morning

At this moment we are having the kind of morning I cherish. So quiet we can hear the various birds chirping and singing to each other. The front garden is freshly watered and the sunlight is filtering through and reflecting off the drops of water on the leaves. The small lizards are playing in the plants. A gentle breeze is stirring the leaves, and the earthy smell of moist soil and plants fills the air.

This is the best time to lay in the hammock and just enjoy the morning. A cup of sweet, hot coffee cradled in my hands. A dog or two sprawled under the hammock. Luna sitting beside me hoping for a stroke or two, or a chance to jump up into my lap.

But...it's also time to work. So here I am, sitting on the sofa inside, looking out the door and window, admiring the garden and wishing I was out there instead of in here. One day maybe, my life will not be centered around a computer.

But for now...Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go. Have a good day!

No comments: